Transcription from audio to text can be a complicated procedure if we don’t know how to proceed. Manually doing audio to text transcription by listening to audio and writing it down can take days to complete and is a very inefficient method.
So, why not take advantage of speech recognition and artificial intelligence to transcribe audio to text without putting in any physical effort. We know that modern artificial intelligence can do everything faster than us without getting tired, so why not make them do all the audio to text transcription work rather than sitting at the desk all day.
So, here we are with some of the best audio to text converters, which can transcribe audio to text and provide the most accurate results.
It is a fast and easy-to-use online audio to text transcription service, which uses artificial intelligence to convert audio to text. It is free-to-use for the first 30 minutes of audio to text transcription.
Using Sonix to convert audio to text requires a few steps:
1. Open the Sonix website.
2. Upload an audio/video file. You can rename it if you want or upload more files for batch conversion.
3. Select Language and press “Start Transcribing.”
The transcription will start, and it’ll display the real-time status of the transcription process.
4. Once the audio to text transcription is complete, you can edit the transcribed text or “Export” it to your system.
Sonix can understand over 35 different languages having unique dialects and variants. Its text editor has advanced tools to edit the transcribed text with timestamps and automatic punctuations. Some of its advanced features come with a subscription to its services.
Another great audio to text converter is Happy Scribe and has options for machine and human-made transcriptions. It provides audio to text transcription accuracy of up to 85% (automatic) and 99% (human-made). Most of its features can only be accessed with a subscription. It can also translate your transcribed text into some of the most common languages.
Happy Scribe can be used by the following steps:
1. Open the Happy Scribe website and log in to your account.
2. Select the type of file you want to transcribe.
3. Upload a file from your system or paste its link.
4. Select the file, the transcription language, and press “Transcribe.” Wait until the process is finished.
5. Once the audio to text transcription is complete, you can edit the text or “Export” it to your computer. Select the format and press Download to save it.
Happy Scribe can take files of any size in more than 119 languages. Its built-in text editor provides features to edit the audio to text transcription with highlights, comments, speaker identification, punctuation, etc. It is one of the best tools for making video subtitles with the highest accuracy.
Transcribe is one of the most used audio to text transcription services used by podcasters, journalists, students, and professionals. Its automatic transcription can transcribe audio to text in minutes, saving a lot of time. It can even convert dictations to text in real-time with its dictation engine.
Transcribe can be used in a few easy steps:
1. Open the website on a web browser.
2. Select Automatic Transcription mode.
3. Upload an audio file.
4. Start Transcribing. You can track the status of transcription. Once the process is finished, edit it using the text editor or download it to your computer.
You can also use its manual transcription feature to transcribe audio to text yourself. It has features like audio slow down, auto loop, text expander, and foot pedal support.
It also has a powerful text editor to edit the transcribed text as you require. Transcribe can be used free for a limited amount of conversion. There is a cheap subscription to avail of more features and unlimited transcription.
If you don’t want to pay money to get your transcriptions done, then Google has Speech Notes for you. It can convert audio to text as you dictate on the microphone or transcribe audio to text-free for a limited time.
It provides the cheapest subscription if you want to continue further. It has a clean interface and a powerful text editor to serve your purpose.
Its advanced speech recognition technology provides the best and accurate results, and it can be used to transcribe audio to text free online.
To use Speech Notes:
1. Open the Speech Notes website on a browser.
2. Select the Microphone icon and allow the microphone permission from the pop-up.
3. Now, choose the Language from the drop-down menu and click on the microphone icon again. Start dictating the text (or play audio on another device on the loudspeaker and keep it near the microphone).
4. Once the dictation is finished, save the document on your computer or upload it to Google Drive to complete the process.
You can also use the transcription feature from the menu to upload audio files for conversion to text. It provides limited time for transcription with a free plan and can be extended at a low price.
It is a free audio to text converter that can transcribe audio to text free and its advanced AI can produce accurate results super quick. It contains all the features you’ll need for the job.
It can identify speakers or recognize voices tucked inside any background noise. It has an in-built editor for making changes to the transcribed text along with timestamps for reference. You can click on the link to check the post online audio converters.
The following steps are required to use Audext:
1. Open the Audext website and register with an account.
2. Upload an audio file.
3. Choose the Language (or accent) and enter the name of the speaker.
4. Start the audio to text transcription process and wait for it to finish.
5. Use the internal editor to edit the transcribed text or download the file in a suitable format.
Audext supports a variety of audio formats as well as video formats. It is easy to use its services, and the process is quite simple. Its services are free for a limited time and can be extended at a cheap rate.
Another great audio to text converter is Descript. It is super easy to use and provides highly accurate transcriptions. It provides a limited free transcription service and can be extended and unlock some advanced features with a subscription.
Using Descript is easy and can be done in a few steps:
1. Download the Descript application on your computer and launch it.
2. Create a new project and drag an audio file and drop it.
3. Now, select whether you want to detect multiple speakers or not. After choosing that, click Transcribe. While the transcription is going on, you can add the names of the speakers.
4. After the transcription is complete, you can correct the errors, if any, edit the text and save the transcribed text file on your computer.
Descript provides the feature of multitrack recording, which can combine two audio tracks in a multitrack sequence and convert them to text and merge them. Its powerful text editor can be used to edit the transcribed text with timestamps for reference.
What is the requirement for Audio to Text Transcription?
Audio to text transcriptions can be of great use if you’re trying to document a podcast or make subtitles for your YouTube video to increase its reach to a large audience.
Journalists can easily convert the interviews from audio to text to avoid wasting time writing boring interviews by listening to the conversation.
Adding subtitles is an excellent way to improve the discoverability of your vlogs or videos, to spread them to more people. It increases the diversity of your audience and helps your vlog or channel to grow beyond any linguistic boundaries.
It can also help partly or wholly deaf people to read the text version of an audio or video.
Even if you’re a student, you can use it to write long articles or homework rather than typing them. It can also help to type out the online lectures so that later you can refer to what the professor said in the class.
All the above solutions provide the best way for transcription from audio to text. Some of them are free if you don’t want to invest anything in the process, while others with more accurate results come at a price. But both the free and paid services mentioned here are the best, and we hope that we’re able to save a lot of your time transcribing audio to text.
Q: Is there a program that will transcribe audio to text?
A: All programs given in the above list can convert audio to text. The audio to text conversion tools in this list do not need to be downloaded and can be used online.
Q: How can I transcribe audio to text for free?
A: Most of the audio to text transcription tools in this list work free for a limited period, after which a subscription is required.
Q: How do I automatically transcribe audio to text for free?
A: All the audio to text converters mentions here work automatically to transcribe audio to text using artificial intelligence.
Q: How do I transcribe audio to text in Google?
A: Google’s Speech Notes is a great online tool to transcribe audio to text.